2007 IBWA Convention and Tabletop Trade Show "The Bottled Water Event: A Place to Learn"
June 15, 2007
Spotlight on Education #1
The Bottled Water Event: A Place to Learn
Las Vegas Hilton; Las Vegas, NV
October 15 - 19, 2007
ALEXANDRIA, VA - The International Bottled Water Association (IBWA) continues to build the educational program to be held during the 2007 IBWA Convention and Tabletop Trade Show at the Las Vegas Hilton in Las Vegas, Nevada, from October 15 - 19, 2007. The IBWA event will also be co-located with PACK EXPO Las Vegas 2007, the nation's most comprehensive packaging trade show. PACK EXPO Las Vegas 2007 will be held at the Las Vegas Convention Center, which is conveniently located next door to the Las Vegas Hilton -- IBWA's headquarters hotel. Because of this co-location, IBWA Convention and PACK EXPO Las Vegas 2007 attendees will have the opportunity to attend both conventions and trade shows, and reap the benefits of getting maximum exposure for their businesses. IBWA Convention attendees are allowed to visit the PACK EXPO Las Vegas Tradeshow free of charge.
The following educational sessions represent only six Continuing Education Units (CEUs) of the 20.5 CEUs available during the convention. IBWA certified sessions provide the CEUs that are necessary for Certified Plant Operator accreditation and will provide innovative ideas and technologies specifically targeted to the bottled water industry.
Education session topics include the following:
- Bottled Water 101 (2.0 CEUs)
- This session will provide a comprehensive review of bottled water industry basics. It is designed to be a great introduction course for those new to the bottled water industry. But those already in the industry will find it to be a great "refresher" course, complete with new and value-added information.
- HACCP & QC: What do You Need to Know? (2.0 CEUs)
- This session will teach attendees to effectively integrate their Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) plans with their Quality Control (QC) programs, by focusing on the organizational options for procedures, forms, and files that can facilitate the day-to-day product, package, and process inspections. It will also discuss the evolution of HACCP plan and QC programs in the ever-changing production environment.
- Filtration 101 (2.0 CEUs)
- The most current information will be offered to teach attendees filtration basics, practical filter handling, and system design. This course will also cover those important industry definitions that bottled water professionals must know, and help them to select the best products for their filtration needs.
For more about the educational sessions, registration, award programs, schedules, and other information about the 2007 IBWA Convention and Tabletop Trade Show, log on to the IBWA website at http://www.bottledwater.org/public/conv2007/ or call 703-647-4606.