2007 IBWA Convention and Tabletop Trade Show "The Bottled Water Event: A Place to Learn"
July 03, 2007
Spotlight on Education #2
The Bottled Water Event: A Place to Learn
Las Vegas Hilton; Las Vegas, NV
October 15 - 19, 2007
ALEXANDRIA, VA - The International Bottled Water Association (IBWA) continues to build the educational program to be held during the 2007 IBWA Convention and Tabletop Trade Show at the Las Vegas Hilton in Las Vegas, Nevada, from October 15 - 19, 2007. The IBWA event will also be co-located with PACK EXPO Las Vegas 2007, the nation's most comprehensive packaging trade show. PACK EXPO Las Vegas 2007 will be held at the Las Vegas Convention Center, which is conveniently located next door to the Las Vegas Hilton -- IBWA's headquarters hotel. Because of this co-location, IBWA Convention and PACK EXPO Las Vegas 2007 attendees will have the opportunity to attend both conventions and trade shows, and reap the benefits of getting maximum exposure for their businesses. IBWA Convention attendees are allowed to visit the PACK EXPO Las Vegas Tradeshow free of charge.
The following educational session summaries highlight only four and a half Continuing Education Units (CEUs) of the 20.5 CEUs available during the convention. IBWA educational sessions provide the CEUs that are necessary for Certified Plant Operator accreditation and will provide innovative ideas and technologies specifically targeted to the bottled water industry.
Education session topics include the following:
- State Licensing: What Does Your State Require? (1.5 CEUs)
- This session will focus on state licensing requirements for bottled water in the United States. Although the FDA has established basic regulations for bottled water in the United States, several states require bottled water manufacturers to obtain a license and/or approval before their products can be distributed in their state and some states require that the source be approved as a bulk facility.
- Bottle Washing 101 (1.0 CEU)
- The various types of bottles on the market create unique cleaning challenges. This session will allow participants the opportunity to view and interact with various wash nozzle types and locations as they affect the main varieties of home and office delivery bottles, and see an actual wash effectiveness demonstration on two or more bottles prepared according to the Nestlé Waters North America test procedure.
- Advances in UV Technology: Implications for the Bottled Water Industry (2.0 CEUs)
- The USEPA recently issued ultra violet (UV) guidance and an extensive validation protocol to help drinking water systems use UV to properly treat water and comply with new disinfection by-product rules. This presentation will explain everything the bottled water professional would want to know about UV systems.
For more about the educational sessions, registration, award programs, schedules, and other information about the 2007 IBWA Convention and Tabletop Trade Show, log on to the IBWA website at http://www.bottledwater.org/public/conv2007/ or call 703-647-4606.