IBWA Announces 2012-2013 Officers and Board of Directors
For Immediate Release
November 20, 2012
Alexandria, VA – The International Bottled Water Association (IBWA) today announced its 2012-2013 officers and board of directors. IBWA members elected the association’s leadership during the 2012 Annual Business Conference, held in New Orleans, Louisiana, from November 12-16.
Bill Young, of Absopure Water Company, was elected to serve as chairman the IBWA Board of Directors for 2012-2013. He is a member of IBWA’s executive committee and board of directors and served as Vice Chairman in 2011 and IBWA treasurer in 2010.
The IBWA members approved the following slate of officers for 2012-2013:
• Chairman: Bill Young, Absopure Water Co.
• Vice Chairman: Breck Speed, Mountain Valley Spring Co.
• Treasurer: David Muscato, Nestle Waters of North America
• Immediate Past Chairman: Philippe Caradec, Danone Waters of America
The following IBWA members were either elected or re-elected to the board of directors for a three-year term, expiring in 2015:
• Page Beykpour, CG Roxanne (reelected)
• Dan Bush, IGO Direct USA (elected)
• Dan Kelly, Polymer Solutions (reelected)
• Bill Young, Absopure Water Company (reelected)
Other IBWA members who currently serve on the Board of Directors:
• Joe Bell, Bell Sales, Inc.
• Marty Conte, Diamond Springs Water
• Tom Harrington, DS Waters
• Douglas Hidding, Blackhawk Molding Co., Inc.
• David Holdener, Nicolet Forest Bottling Co., Inc.
• Scott Hoover, Roaring Springs Bottling
• Greg Nemec, Premium Waters
• Steve Raupe, Ozarka Water and Coffee Service
• Chris Saxman, Shenandoah Valley Water Co.
• Bryan Shinn, Shinn Spring Water Company d/b/a/ “The Water Guys”
• Robert Smith, Grand Springs Distribution
• Jeffery Vinyard, Crystal Springs Bottled Water Co.
• Lynn Wachtmann, Maumee Valley Bottlers, Inc.
# # #
The International Bottled Water Association (IBWA) is the authoritative source of information about all types of bottled waters. Founded in 1958, IBWA's membership includes U.S. and international bottlers, distributors and suppliers. IBWA is committed to working with the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), which regulates bottled water as a packaged food product, and state governments to set stringent standards for safe, high quality bottled water products.
In addition to FDA and state regulations, the Association requires member bottlers to adhere to the IBWA Bottled Water Code of Practice, which mandates additional standards and practices that in some cases are more stringent than federal and state regulations. A key feature of the IBWA Bottled Water Code of Practice is an annual plant inspection by an independent, third party organization. Consumers can contact IBWA at 1-800-WATER-11 or log onto IBWA's web site (www.bottledwater.org) for more information about bottled water and a list of members' brands. Media inquiries can be directed to IBWA Vice President of Communications Chris Hogan at 703-647-4609 or [email protected]